Entrance Ceremony to be held (For All Freshmen Admitted/Transferred in 2020) (Updated March 22)
【Rev. March 22, 2021】
1. Please check the notes (190.47 KB) for the day of the ceremony on the Loyola "University Bulletin Board" on March 15.
*Please enter the campus through the north gate on the day of the ceremony as described in the notes. Please note that only students are allowed to enter the campus. For parents and guarantors, please watch the simultaneous broadcast (starting at 10:00 on Wednesday, March 31).
2. The website (YouTube) for the above simultaneous broadcast is as follows. The live broadcast will start as soon as it starts.
- Entrance Ceremony for Students Enrolled in 2020 (YouTube)
*Please note that we will not be able to answer questions about problems with the Internet connection or how to use YouTube (not being able to connect). The videos will be posted for a certain period of time after the Ceremony.
3. If you need to cancel, please do so by yourself according to the procedure described in the application email.
4. A reminder email will be sent to registered participants from "email@example.com" on the following dates. Please present this email along with your student ID at the registration desk on the day of the Ceremony (due to the fact that many of the dates are full, admission may be denied if the reminder email is not presented). Please make sure that you have set up your inbox).
- Ceremony on March 29: Reminder email sent on March 25.
- Ceremony on March 30 and March 31: Reminder email sent on March 29.
5. Please check your e-mail address regularly, as we may send notes to the e-mail address you have registered before the ceremony is held.
【Rev. March 1, 2021】
In order to prepare for the Entrance Ceremony, we will be closing the applications on March 8 and will be confirming application status as per the schedule below.
1) From Today to Monday, March 8 at 13:00
- Please make an application if you are thinking of participating in the Entrance Ceremony
- If you would like to cancel, please do it during this period
- If you have applied for multiple days, please pick only one day
2) From Monday, March 8 at 13:00 until Monday, March 15 at 13:00
Applications will be closed temporarily while we confirm the application information.
*Please note: Students that have registered to participate for multiple days will be granted the last(newest application) date that they applied for and all older applications will be cancelled.
Ex: If an application made on Feb 5 for “March 31 at 10:00” and a second application was made on Feb 7 for “March 29 at 11:00” the older application for “March 31 at 10:00” will be cancelled.
3) From Monday, March 15 at 13:00 until Friday, March 19
Applications will re-open with updated availability from 2). New applications and cancellations may be made.
All previously announced dates are nearing maximum capacity so we have added an additional ceremony on the following date and time.
〇Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 9:30-10:15 Apply for additional ceremony
【Rev. February 16, 2021】
As all the dates and times already announced are full, additional ceremony will be held on the following dates and times.
〇Monday, March 29, 2021 from 9:30-10:15
The most frequently asked questions have been added, so please check them as well.
February 5, 2021
To All Freshmen (Current First Year Students)
With the cancellation of the April 2020 entrance ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students and, subsequent shift to online classes, we feel that many freshmen have not had the chance to experience student life as a Sophian. We have gone through an unprecedented year and would like to announce that we will be holding a special Entrance Ceremony for 2020 freshmen at Yotsuya Campus to take the opportunity to thank family and every one who has supported our freshmen over the year, and to help students get a fresh start in the new year.
Please note, in the event that the current outbreak situation worsens, there is a possibility that this event may be postponed or cancelled. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
■ (For All 2020 Freshmen) Entrance Ceremony Details
[No 1] Monday, March 29, 2021 from 11:00-11:45
[No 2] Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 11:00-11:45
[No 3] Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 10:00-10:45
[No 4] Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 12:30-13:15
(Note) The program content will be the same for all times. To reduce the chance of spread of infection, the number of seats will be reduced.
Yotsuya Campus, Building 6, Room 101
- Program (Tentative)
President’s Opening Address / Chancellor’s Congratulatory Address / Freshman Representative Address / Message from Current Student
- How to Participate/View
1) In order to ensure ample preparation time we ask that students interested in attending please apply by Friday March 19. Details are posted on Loyola. Please note that each ceremony has a limited number of participants. Students admitted in September 2020 (undergraduate and graduate students) are also eligible to participate in this Entrance Ceremony.
（updated February 16） ※We have received many inquiries about not receiving the application completion email. Before applying, please make sure that you can receive e-mails from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "@sophia.ac.jp".
2) Please note, participation is not mandatory, and interested students are free to participate. This will not have any effect on your courses, grades or student life. Your health takes precedence over participation, if you are concerned for your health you do not have to participate.
（updated February 16）Please note that due to capacity constraints, the venue will only be open to Freshmen Admitted/Transferred in 2020, and only one entry will be allowed so that as many students as possible can participate.
※If you wish to change the date of your participation, please re-register on the date you wish to participate, and then cancel your registration using the cancellation instructions in the completed registration email for the date you canceled.
3) [No 3 (March 31, 10:00~ Start)] Will be live-streamed on YouTube so you may participate remotely. The URL will be published on this page as the date approaches. A on-demand video will also be available for limited time on accessible from the university homepage.
*Parents and Guardians may also view this broadcast
- Precautions to Prevent the Spread of Infection
1) Please check your temperature before attending. If you feel ill please do not come to the campus.
2) Please make sure you wear a mask, and wash/use alcohol to sterilize your hands.
3) Do not gather in groups and maintain social distance while on campus. Please follow instructions in (1) and leave the campus when the program has finished.
4) Please follow the instructions from the staff.
*For other precautions see details here
■ For Inquiries, Contact
Office of General Affairs e-mail; email@example.com