Entrance Ceremony to be held (For All Freshmen Admitted/Transferred in 2020) (Updated February 16)
【Rev. February 16, 2021】
As all the dates and times already announced are full, additional ceremony will be held on the following dates and times.
〇Monday, March 29, 2021 from 9:30-10:15
The most frequently asked questions have been added, so please check them as well.
February 5, 2021
To All Freshmen (Current First Year Students)
With the cancellation of the April 2020 entrance ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students and, subsequent shift to online classes, we feel that many freshmen have not had the chance to experience student life as a Sophian. We have gone through an unprecedented year and would like to announce that we will be holding a special Entrance Ceremony for 2020 freshmen at Yotsuya Campus to take the opportunity to thank family and every one who has supported our freshmen over the year, and to help students get a fresh start in the new year.
Please note, in the event that the current outbreak situation worsens, there is a possibility that this event may be postponed or cancelled. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
■ (For All 2020 Freshmen) Entrance Ceremony Details
[No 1] Monday, March 29, 2021 from 11:00-11:45
[No 2] Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 11:00-11:45
[No 3] Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 10:00-10:45
[No 4] Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 12:30-13:15
(Note) The program content will be the same for all times. To reduce the chance of spread of infection, the number of seats will be reduced.
Yotsuya Campus, Building 6, Room 101
- Program (Tentative)
President’s Opening Address / Chancellor’s Congratulatory Address / Freshman Representative Address / Message from Current Student
- How to Participate/View
1) In order to ensure ample preparation time we ask that students interested in attending please apply by Friday March 19. Details are posted on Loyola. Please note that each ceremony has a limited number of participants. Students admitted in September 2020 (undergraduate and graduate students) are also eligible to participate in this Entrance Ceremony.
（updated February 16） ※We have received many inquiries about not receiving the application completion email. Before applying, please make sure that you can receive e-mails from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "@sophia.ac.jp".
2) Please note, participation is not mandatory, and interested students are free to participate. This will not have any effect on your courses, grades or student life. Your health takes precedence over participation, if you are concerned for your health you do not have to participate.
（updated February 16）Please note that due to capacity constraints, the venue will only be open to Freshmen Admitted/Transferred in 2020, and only one entry will be allowed so that as many students as possible can participate.
※If you wish to change the date of your participation, please re-register on the date you wish to participate, and then cancel your registration using the cancellation instructions in the completed registration email for the date you canceled.
3) [No 3 (March 31, 10:00~ Start)] Will be live-streamed on YouTube so you may participate remotely. The URL will be published on this page as the date approaches. A on-demand video will also be available for limited time on accessible from the university homepage.
*Parents and Guardians may also view this broadcast
- Precautions to Prevent the Spread of Infection
1) Please check your temperature before attending. If you feel ill please do not come to the campus.
2) Please make sure you wear a mask, and wash/use alcohol to sterilize your hands.
3) Do not gather in groups and maintain social distance while on campus. Please follow instructions in (1) and leave the campus when the program has finished.
4) Please follow the instructions from the staff.
*For other precautions see details here
■ For Inquiries, Contact
Office of General Affairs e-mail; email@example.com