Student Support Services
Feel free to consult with us
If you are facing some issues and are at a loss of what to do, and find yourself wishing to be able to discuss your worries with someone, please don’t hesitate to share your concerns with us. There is no reason to battle alone.
It is common to run into all sorts of new challenges in university life. There are a number of student support services on campus to help you with a variety of issues. Please feel free to visit the campus consultation desks that you feel comfortable with.
All consultations and privacy concerns will be kept strictly confidential.
Each undergraduate department has a class or seminar unit with a class advisor. You can consult with them for guidance and advice on your studies, courses, career pathways, and other issues of student life. Please refer to the "Course Handbook" for the class advisors of each department.
Off-Campus Consultation Resources
Medical Care and Counseling
- “Himawari” Tokyo Medical Institution Information Service / Tokyo Metropolitan Government Pharmacy Information System
- “Yorisoi Hotline” Free telephone consultation service for foreign languages and foreign residents (24 hours a day, free of charge)
Consumer, Legal, Labor Consultation
- “National Consumer Affairs Centers in Japan”, National Consumer Affairs Center
- “Houterasu”, Japan Legal Support Center
- “The List of Labour Standard Inspection Office”, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Consultation to quit smoking
The university has started the activities aiming for a smoking free environment from 2018.
Please take a look at the pamphlet about good side of non-smoking and stories of people who was successful in quitting smoking.
Health Center also provides consultation to stop smoking and introduction to the smoking cessation medical service.