Associate Professor (Department of Management)
B.A. (Business Association), Tokai University
M.A. (Commerce), Ph.D. (Commerce) Waseda University
Message to Prospective Students
“Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow.” (Vincent van Gogh)
Ordinariness or smartness is not always helpful for your growth. Instead, talents sometimes bloom through walking the bumpy road, stumbling many times, and overcoming setbacks. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes or being laughed at. Try new things and unleash your potential at Sophia University.
Research Interests and Teaching Areas
Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior
- Togawa, Taku, Hiroaki Ishii, Jaewoo Park, and Rajat Roy (forthcoming), “The Temperature of Newness: How Vision-Temperature Correspondence in Advertising Influences Newness Perception and Product Evaluation,” Journal of Business Research.
- Motoki, Kosuke and Taku Togawa (2022), “Multiple Senses Influencing Healthy Food Preference,” Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences 48, 101223.
- Togawa, Taku and Yoko Sugitani (2022), “Looks Far Beyond My Reach: The Zoom Effect in Product Videos Influences Luxury Perception and Purchase Intention,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 32(4), 687-698.
- Nozawa, Chisato, Taku Togawa, Carlos Velasco, and Kosuke Motoki (2022), “Consumer Responses to the Use of Artificial Intelligence in Luxury and Non-luxury Restaurants,” Food Quality and Preference, 96, 104436.
- Nguyen, Tina, Taku Togawa, Abigail A. Scholer, David B. Miele, Kentaro Fujita (2022), “A Cross-Cultural Investigation of Metamotivational Beliefs About Regulatory Focus Task-Motivation Fit,” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 48(5), 807-820.
- Togawa, Taku, Jaewoo Park, Hiroaki Ishii, and Xiaoyan Deng (2019), “A Packaging Visual-Gustatory Correspondence Effect: Using Visual Packaging Design to Influence Flavor Perception and Healthy Eating Decisions,”Journal of Retailing, 95(4), 204–218.
- Togawa, Taku, Hiroaki Ishii, Naoto Onzo, and Rajat Roy (2019),“Effects of Consumers’ Construal Levels on Post-Impulse Purchase Emotions,”Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 38(3), 269–282.