Associate Professor (Department of Journalism)
B.A. (Law), M.A. (Journalism),
Ph.D (Journalism), Sophia University
Message to Prospective Students
As a journalism and public relations scholar, I look forward to discussing with you the complex world of media and communication necessary for the realization of our sustainable futures.
Research Interests and Teaching Areas
Journalism, Public Relations
- Kunieda, T., Yamamura, K., & Miyabe, J. (Eds.). (2018). Public relations in Japan: Evolution of communication management in a culture of lifetime employment. Routledge.
- Kunieda, T. (2018). Public relations by a local government: 150 years of Tokyo’s PR.T. Kunieda, K. Yamamura, & J. Miyabe (Eds.), Public Relations in Japan: Evolution in a Culture of Lifetime Employment (pp. 37–52). Routledge.
- Kunieda, T. (2017). Public Relations Histories of the World and Japan: Findings and Significance of Comparative PR History Research [Sekai no kouhoushi to nihon: hikaku kouhoushi kenkyu no chiken to igi]. Corporate Communication Studies [Kouhou Kenkyu], 21, 37-50.
- Kunieda, Tomoki. (2013). Development of Public Relations Concepts, Theories and the Media Technology. Journal of Socio-Informatics, 6(1), 59–68.
- Kunieda, T. (2013). The Evolution of Tokyo’s PR: Case Study of a Local Government. The Proceedings of the International History of Public Relations Conference 2013. International History of Public Relations Conference,Bournemouth University, UK.