Language and Literacies Education
B.A., London Guildhall University
DELTA, University of Cambridge
M.A., University of Leicester
Ph.D., University of Toronto
Research and Teaching Interests：
Sociocultural theory, academic discourse socialization, digital literacy, computer-mediated communication, L2 writing, and language policy and planning.
- Harwood, C., Demmans Epp, C., & Brett, C. (In Press). Appropriating Facebook Groups to support literacy development in L2 higher education contexts. In A. Palalas (Ed.) Handbook on Blended Language Learning. China Central Radio and Television University Press Co., Ltd.
- Harwood, C., & Lai, C. (2017). Linguistic capital: Language medium of instruction policy in Hong Kong. Language Problems and Language Planning, 41(2), 159-167.
- Harwood, C., & Mann, A. (2017). A constructivist approach to teaching media studies using Google Drive. Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, 11.
- Harwood, C. (2017). The article system in English: some implications for the Japanese EFL classroom. Mulberry, No 67, 37-49.
- Harwood,C. (2017). Politeness and university student online communication. The Journal of the Faculty of Foreign Studies Aichi Prefectural University, No 49, 35-45. ISSN 13420992
- Harwood, C. (2014). Personal learning environments: Using symbalooEDU in learning English for academic purposes. ESP Today,Vol.2 (2), 199-215. E-ISSN-2334-9050
- Harwood, C. & Blackstone, B (2012) Using Facebook to extend learning into students’ digital lives. English Language Teaching World Online, Vol.4. ISSN 1793-8732
|Courses No||Title||2019 Semester Offered|
ENGLISH COMPOSITION 1