Language and Literacies Education
B.A., London Guildhall University
DELTA, University of Cambridge
M.A., University of Leicester
Ph.D., University of Toronto
Research and Teaching Interests：
Sociocultural theory, academic discourse socialization, digital literacy, computer-mediated communication, L2 writing, and language policy and planning.
- Harwood, C., & Brett, C. (2019). Obuchenie online: The applicability of Vygotskian pedagogy to online teaching and learning.Technology, Interaction, Cognition and Learning 11(2-3),141-161.
- Hirose, K., & Harwood, C. (2019). English as a foreign language writing instruction in Japan from a teacher education perspective. In Seloni, L. & Henderson Lee, S (Eds), Second language writing instruction in global contexts: English language teacher preparation and development: Multilingual Matters. ISBN 9781788925853
- Harwood, C., Demmans Epp, C., & Brett, C. (2019). Appropriating Facebook Groups to support literacy development in EAP contexts. In A. Palalas (Ed.) Handbook on Blended Language Learning(pp. 134-156). Open University of China Press. ISBN978-7-304-09033-3
- Harwood, C., & Lai, C. (2017). Linguistic capital: Language medium of instruction policy in Hong Kong. Language Problems and Language Planning, 41(2), 159-167.
- Harwood, C., & Mann, A. (2017). A constructivist approach to teaching media studies using Google Drive. Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, 11.
- Harwood, C. (2017). The article system in English: some implications for the Japanese EFL classroom. Mulberry, No 67, 37-49.
- Harwood,C. (2017). Politeness and university student online communication. The Journal of the Faculty of Foreign Studies Aichi Prefectural University, No 49, 35-45. ISSN 13420992
- Harwood, C. (2014). Personal learning environments: Using symbalooEDU in learning English for academic purposes. ESP Today,Vol.2 (2), 199-215. E-ISSN-2334-9050
- Harwood, C. & Blackstone, B (2012) Using Facebook to extend learning into students’ digital lives. English Language Teaching World Online, Vol.4. ISSN 1793-8732
|Courses No||Title||2020 Semester Offered|
ACADEMIC ENGLISH SKILLS
ENGLISH COMPOSITION 1
|ENG112||ENGLISH COMPOSITION 2||Spring/Autumn|