Announcement of Sophia University 3rd workplace vaccination
Sophia University is now prepared to offer 3rd workplace vaccination for COVID-19 (for April and May 2022). We hope that by offering students, faculty and staff members, and others concerned the opportunity to be vaccinated, everyone will able to come to campus with stronger reassurance and we can contribute to maintaining the sound environment and to containing the pandemic.
You must bring the vaccination voucher and screening questionnaire issued by the local government. (Rules have been changed from previous vaccination at Sophia University in Autumn and September 2021.)
* COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots (3rd Dose) (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
1. Type of vaccine
※ Details of the COVID-19 vaccine “Spikevax Intramuscular Injection” can be found here.(472.79 KB)
2. Eligible persons
The following persons are eligible for vaccination:
(1) Those who have got 1st and 2nd vaccination (Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca) more than 6 months ago* and who received the vaccination voucher and screening questionnaire issued by the local government.
* The date of the third vaccination you can get depends on when you got the second one.
|Second vaccination||Third vaccination you can get|
|Before October 28||April 28, April 29, May 16, May 17|
|October 29||April 29, May 16, May 17|
|From October 30 to November 16||May 16, May 17|
|November 17||May 17|
(2) Those to whom one of the following applies:
- Students of Sophia University and Sophia University Junior College Division (including non-degree students)
- Faculty and staff members of Sophia School Corporation (including part-time members)
- Subcontractors on Yotsuya Campus, Mejiro Seibo Campus and Hadano Campus
- Employees of tenants on Yotsuya Campus
- Local partners designated by Sophia School Corporation
3. Dates of vaccination
Thursday, April 28, Friday, April 29, Monday, May 16, Tuesday, May 17
※ Vaccination hours are 10:00～11:15 and 12:45～18:00 for all days (reception desks open at 09:45 morning, at 12:30 afternoon, last call at 17:30)
Yotsuya Campus Bldg. No. 2, 17F
5. Administering medical institution
Ⅱ. Booking your vaccination
1. Booking period (first day of booking)
- Those described in Ⅰ2 (2)1,2,3,4 (Students, faculty and staff in Sophia School Corporation, subcontractors and employees of tenants on Yotsuya Campus, etc.) : Friday, April 15 09：00〜
- Those described in Ⅰ2 (2)5 (Local partners) : Monday, April 18 09：00〜
※ Bookings may be made up until the day before to the vaccination date.
2. How to make a booking
Please make your booking from the link here.
COVID-19 VACCINE WEB RESERVATION
For more information on how to make a booking, please check here.(711.64 KB)
※ Please do not share this link with those who are not eligible for workplace vaccination at Sophia University. You can also register the information required for making a reservation (your name, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.) prior to the date described above 1. but you will not be able to make an actual reservation until after 9:00 a.m. on Friday, April 15.
3. Instructions for booking
- You may only make one booking. Multiple bookings may not be made.
(All of your bookings may be cancelled in the event multiple bookings are found.)
- If your desired slot is fully booked, please check the site frequently. You can book if there’s a cancel. There’s no waiting lists.
- Please make sure that you have not made double booking with your local government. If you already have a booking with your local government but wish to receive vaccination at Sophia University, please be sure to cancel your booking with your local government.
- If you are unable to make the date and time of your appointment, please be sure to cancel it in advance. In this case, please be sure to cancel both the first and second appointments.
- Please note that we might call you if we find that you are not eligible for 3rd vaccination base on the information from the booking site. We might also explain to you if we find the same situation on the day of vaccination.
Ⅲ. On the day of vaccination
- Please refer to the following information “What you need to bring” and don't forget anything. If you forget, it is definitely impossible to receive the vaccination even if you have an appointment.
- Please take your temperature at home in the morning of the day of the vaccination and write it on the preliminary examination form. If your temperature is over 37.5℃, you cannot be vaccinated. Your temperature will also be checked at the reception of the vaccination site.
1. What you need to bring
- Identity verification documents
Students, faculty and staff: Student/faculty/staff ID card.
Others: driver’s license, health insurance card, passport, etc.
※Please carry your health insurance card just in case you need medical treatment.
- Booking confirmation email (It can be shown on a mobile device.)
- Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire (for booster vaccination)
※ Please be sure to fill out the bold-framed area in advance. The vaccine cannot be received if the bold-framed area is not filled out. Particular errors are those indicated in the attached document.(299.82 KB)
- Certificate of Vaccination
※ (3) and (4) above must be the ones issued by the local government. Rules have been changed from the previous vaccination at Sophia University in August and September in 2021.
Also, please make sure that either Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire or Certificate of Vaccination has a "vaccination coupon with barcode (for the 3rd vaccination)" on it before you bring it with you.
2. Procedures for vaccination
※ Please wear clothing that allows easy access to your upper arm and shoulder.
※ The time slot for each booking is 15 minutes. Please come up to the 17th floor of Building No. 2 well in advance of your booking, however to avoid crowding the waiting area, please do not come more than 15 minutes early.
※ The following procedures will be taken at the venue:
（1）Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire and emergency contact (besides yours) checked
（3） Medical interview
（5） Certificate of Vaccination returned
（6） Observation (more than 15 minutes)
※ The Certificate of Vaccination will serve as a record of your vaccination history. Please be sure not to lose it. We cannot reissue.
※ If you are told during the medical interview that you will need thirty minutes of observation, please act accordingly.
Those who have a medical history of strong allergic responses or feeling sick or fainting after blood collection may be asked to stay for thirty minutes after receiving the vaccine.
Ⅳ. After vaccination
Side-effects usually disappear after two or three days, but if you should have any symptoms that you are concerned about, please consult your home doctor or the following call center.
- Akebono Clinic
Open hours: Monday - Saturday 9：00 a.m.〜6：00 p.m.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government COVID-19 Consultation Center for Vaccination Side-effects
Tel: 03-6258-5802 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays)
Languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Nepalese, Burmese, Thai, French, Spanish, Portuguese
※ The Consultation Center is strictly for consultations on side-effects and cannot deal with questions on booking vaccines.
※ If the students or faculty and staff of Sophia school cooperation become ill after vaccination, please follow the link below to "Manual for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention" regarding whether or not they can enter the campus.
Manual for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention