Graduation Ceremony March 2021
February 5, 2021
∗ We have added some more details to the information we posted on our website of October 30, 2020.
Giving due consideration to prevent COVID-19 infection, Sophia University Graduation Ceremony March 2021 will be held as below.
If the future situation changes enough to affect the holding of the ceremony, we will notify that on the flowing web page "[Important Notice] Information on COVID-19" shown in " 2. " below.
1. The Graduation Ceremony for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery
Friday, March 26, 2021
Hall A, Tokyo International Forum (https://www.t-i-forum.co.jp/en/)
It will be held at the same venue for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery.
(3) TIME SCHEDULE
There will be two sessions on the day, one in the morning and a second in the afternoon depending on the faculty or graduate program.
<< Morning Sessions >>
Doors open at 8:45 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. / Close at 11:00 a.m.（to be determined）
• Faculty of Humanities
• Faculty of Economics
• Faculty of Global Studies
• Faculty of Science and Technology
• Graduate School of Humanities
• Graduate School of Applied Religious Studies
• Graduate School of Economics
• Graduate School of Science and Technology
<< Afternoon sessions >>
Doors open at 12:00 noon / Ceremony begins at 0:45 p.m. / Close at 2:15 p.m.（to be determined）
• Faculty of Theology
• Faculty of Human Sciences
• Faculty of Law
• Faculty of Foreign Studies
• Faculty of Liberal Arts
• Graduate School of Theology
• Graduate School of Human Sciences
• Graduate School of Law
• Graduate School of Languages and Linguistics
• Graduate School of Global Studies
• Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
• Course of Midwifery
∗ Once the ceremony begins, there will be a period of time when you will not be allowed to enter due to the progress of the ceremony. The graduates might not be able to enter if they are late for the ceremony.
- Please confirm the important notice to all graduating students about the Graduation Ceremony March 2021 in Loyola system. ("<Important> Notes for the Graduation Ceremony March2021(155.82 KB)")
- This year, there will be no invitation letter and admission ticket for graduates. You will need to show your student ID to gain entry on the day.
♦ Guidelines for the Graduation Ceremony (to avoid the spread of COVID-19)
- We will use every other the seat in Hall A of the Tokyo International Forum and swap seats in the morning and afternoon sessions. The seat will be decided in order of the entry to the hall.
- The common space will be sanitized in the break time.
- The venue is only open to graduates and the ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube for parents and guarantors (the URL will be informed later).
- There are no waiting room or space for accompanying people in the Tokyo International Forum.
- Kindly understand that it’ll be required to measure the body temperature, sanitize your hands at the entrance and to keep a mask on.
- Those who have fever or cold-like symptoms cannot enter the hall.
- If you are not comfortable attending the ceremony considering Covid-19 risk, please do not force yourself to participate, but watch YouTube at home and join in.
(4) Faculty/Graduate School/ Course Meeting
Date: Friday, March 26, 2021
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus
Time: Morning session group: 1:00 p.m. - / Afternoon session group: 3:45 p.m. -
- Each meeting will end differently.
- For more information about the classrooms, please refer to the announcement on Loyola and the ceremony schedule distributed on the day.
(5) Commencement Service
No event will be held this year.
2. [Important Notice] Information on COVID-19
∗ This page will be updated as needed, so please check back for the latest information.
For inquiries regarding the ceremony, please contact:
Office of General Affairs
Phone: 03-3238-3172 E-mail: email@example.com
∗ If you are replying by email, please write "Graduation Ceremony" in the subject line.