Entrance Ceremony April 2021
February 5, 2021
March 8, 2021 (updated)
∗ We have added some more details to the information we posted on our website of February 5, 2021.
∗ Program of the ceremony(1.16 MB) (added on March 21st)
Giving due consideration to prevent COVID - 19, Sophia University Entrance Ceremony April 2021 will be held as below.
If the future situation changes enough to affect the holding of the ceremony, we will notify that on the flowing web page [Important Notice] Information on COVID-19 shown in "2. " below and via e-mail for new students. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
1. The Entrance Ceremony for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Hall A, Tokyo International Forum (https://www.t-i-forum.co.jp/en/)
It will be held at the same venue for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery.
There will be two sessions on the day, one in the morning and a second in the afternoon depending on the faculty or graduate program.
<< Morning Session >>
Doors open at 08:45 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. / Close at 10:30 a.m.（to be determined）
• Faculty of Theology
• Faculty of Human Sciences
• Faculty of Law
• Faculty of Foreign Studies
• Faculty of Liberal Arts
• Graduate School of Theology
• Graduate School of Human Sciences
• Graduate School of Law
• Graduate School of Languages and Linguistics
• Graduate School of Global Studies
• Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
• Course of Midwifery
<< Afternoon Session >>
Doors open at 11:30 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 0:15 p.m. / Close at 1:15 p.m.（to be determined）
• Faculty of Humanities
• Faculty of Economics
• Faculty of Global Studies
• Faculty of Science and Technology
• Graduate School of Humanities
• Graduate School of Applied Religious Studies
• Graduate School of Economics
• Graduate School of Science and Technology
∗ Once the ceremony begins, there will be a period of time when you will not be allowed to enter due to the progress of the ceremony. New students might not be able to enter if they are late for the ceremony.
♦ Guidelines for the Entrance Ceremony (to avoid the spread of COVID-19)
- We will use every other the seat in Hall A of the Tokyo International Forum and swap seats in the morning and afternoon sessions. The seat will be decided in order of the entry to the hall.
- The venue is only open to new students and the ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube for parents and guarantors.
- There are no waiting room or space for accompanying people in the Tokyo International Forum.
- Kindly understand that it'll be required to measure the body temperature, sanitize your hands at the entrance and to keep a mask on.
- Those who have fever or cold-like symptoms cannot enter the hall.
- If you are not comfortable attending the ceremony considering Covid-19 risk, please do not force yourself to participate, but rather watch YouTube at home and join in.
- Please read the ceremony program distributed at the ceremony site on the day as it contains information you should keep in mind to prevent COVID-19 infection.
(4) Faculty Meeting
Faculty Meeting will be held on Yotsuya Campus after the ceremony.
DATE: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus
Time: Morning Session group: 11:30 a.m. - / Afternoon Session group: 3:00 p.m. -
- The venue for the department/graduate schools/course meetings are shown in the ceremony program which distributed at the ceremony venue on the day.
- The meetings for Graduate Schools and the Midwifery Course will hold on a separate day (days are also shown in the ceremony program).
- Student ID cards for Graduate Schools and the Midwifery Course will be handed out at the entrance of Building #2, Yotsuya Campus on Thursday, April 1.
- Student ID cards for undergraduate students will be handed out at departmental meetings on Thursday, April 1.
- Only new students are allowed to enter the campus, however, parents and guarantors are not allowed to enter the campus.
(5) Entrance day Thanksgiving Mass
Although annual "Entrance day Thanksgiving Mass" will not be held in 2021, the video of "Blessing and Message" will be delivered on YouTube. Details will be announced in late March.
- Please wash and disinfect your hands at all times.
- Please wear a mask at all times and refrain from talking loudly.
<< For the ceremony >>
- Please be sure to be seated in the seat designated on your ticket, and do not use the empty seat next to you.
- Make sure to register your seating position, the instruction is on the back of the ticket
- To avoid congestion, you will be asked to leave the venue in order.
- Please follow the announcement when you leave the venue.
<< After the ceremony >>
- In order to avoid congestion, please do not meet or wait your friends in the lobby area. Please leave the lobby as soon as possible without stopping.
- When using public transportation, please wear a mask and refrain from speaking loudly or talking there.
<< At Yotsuya Campus >>
- Please enter the campus through the North Gate on the day.
- Only graduates may enter the campus. You may be asked to present the ceremony program when you enter the campus.
- Keep a social distance from the people in front of you when standing in line.
- In order to reduce congestion on campus, we have set a time for leaving the campus.
Morning ceremony students leave campus by 13:30 and by 17:00 for afternoon ceremony students.
Eating and drinking in large groups, or talking without a mask, greatly increases the risk of infection, so please be careful and act responsibly for your new life after April.
2. [Important Notice] Information on COVID-19
∗ This page will be updated as needed, so please check back for the latest information.
Information about Graduation Ceremony March 2021
For further information regarding to the Ceremony, please contact:
Office of General Affairs
Phone: 03-3238-3172 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
∗ If you are replying by email, please write "Entrance Ceremony" in the subject line.