Applied Linguistics, Collaborative Learning, Educational Assessment
M.A., University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Ph.D., Purdue University
Research and Teaching Interests：
I am an applied linguist whose research interests include language assessment, second language writing, task-based language teaching and collaborative learning, with a special focus on issues related to learners’ use of resources in complex task conditions.
- Koyama, D. (Ed.) (2021). Development of innovative pedagogical practices for a modern learning experience. CSMFL Publications.
- Koyama, D., & Gherwash, G. (2022). Reconfiguring peer feedback for the virtual composition classroom. In S. Rosendale & L. Gray-Rosendale (Eds.), Go online! Reconfiguring writing courses for the new virtual world. Peter Lang.
- Koyama, D. (2020). Research on student ratings of instruction: Implications for teachers and professional development programs. In O. M. A. Al-Mahdi (Ed.), Innovations in educational leadership and continuous teachers’ professional development, pp. 1-31. CSMFL Publications.
- Fogal, G. G. & Koyama, D. (2022). A study of co-adaptation through journaling. Journal of Second Language Writing, 55, 100873.
- Harwood, C., & Koyama, D. (2021). Employing reflective practice to inform adjunct-faculty onboarding. Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching, 16(2), 191-203.
- Harwood, C., & Koyama, D. (2020). Creating a virtual writing center to support self-regulated learning, Studies in Self-Access Learning, 11(3), 164–186.
- Koyama, D., Sun, A., & Ockey, G.J. (2016). The effects of item preview on video-based multiple-choice listening assessments, Language Learning & Technology, 20(1), 148–165.
- Ockey, G.J., Koyama, D., Setoguchi, E., & Sun, A. (2015). Validity of the TOEFL iBT speaking section for Japanese university students. Language Testing, 32(1), 39–62.
- Ockey, G.J., Koyama, D., & Setoguchi, E. (2013). Stakeholder input and test design: A case study on changing the interlocutor familiarity facet of the group oral discussion test, Language Assessment Quarterly, 10(3), 292–308.
- Koyama, D., & Setoguchi, E. (2012). The effect of opening gambit types on group oral proficiency scores, Studies in Linguistics and Language Teaching, 22, 112–123.
- Ruegg, R., & Koyama, D. (2010). The effect of feedback on EFL writing confidence. Studies in Linguistics and Language Teaching, 21, 137–166.
- Koyama, D. (2009). Personalizing student motivation: A case study of online and face-to-face English for academic purpose classes, PeerSpectives, 4, 33–37.
- Koyama, D. (2009). Evaluating holistic writing placement ratings, The Research Institute of Language Studies and Language Education Journal, Kanda University of International Studies, 4, 33–44.
- Watanabe, Y., & Koyama, D. (2008). Second language cloze tests: A meta-analysis. Journal of Second Language Studies, 26(2), 103–133.
ACADEMIC ENGLISH SKILLS
ENGLISH COMPOSITION 1
|INF100||OVERVIEW OF DATA SCIENCE||Autumn|