Sophia University Graduation Ceremony March 2023 will be held as below.
1. The Graduation Ceremony for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Hall A, Tokyo International Forum (Tokyo International Forum WEBsite)
* It will be held at the same venue for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery.
* The ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube. The URL of YouTube will be given to students on LOYOLA and to parents and guarantors in the information letter that will be sent by post in the middle of March.
(3) TIME SCHEDULE
* There will be two sessions on the day, one in the morning and a second in the afternoon depending on the faculty or graduate program.
<< Morning Sessions >>
Doors open at 8:45 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. / Close at 11:00 a.m.
・Faculty of Humanities
・Faculty of Economics
・Faculty of Global Studies
・Faculty of Science and Technology
・Graduate School of Humanities
・Graduate School of Applied Religious Studies
・Graduate School of Economics
・Graduate School of Science and Technology
<< Afternoon sessions >>
Doors open at 12:00 noon / Ceremony begins at 0:45 p.m. / Close at 2:15 p.m.
・Faculty of Theology
・Faculty of Human Sciences
・Faculty of Law
・Faculty of Foreign Studies
・Faculty of Liberal Arts
・Graduate School of Theology
・Graduate School of Human Sciences
・Graduate School of Law
・Graduate School of Languages and Linguistics
・Graduate School of Global Studies
・Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
・Course of Midwifery
* The venue will be crowded just before the ceremony starts. We ask for your cooperation in entering the venue at least 15 minutes before the opening ceremony.
∗ Once the ceremony begins, there will be a period of time when you will not be allowed to enter due to the progress of the ceremony. The graduates might not be able to enter if they are late for the ceremony.
*Please check the important notice to be posted on 15th March for all graduating students about the Graduation Ceremony March 2023 in LOYOLA.
*Graduates will need to show your student ID to gain entry on the day.
*Up to two parent/guarantor are expected to attend. An invitation letter will be sent to the parents/guarantors by post on 17th March, so please bring the entire envelope with you to the event. Please show the envelope at the entrance.
If the registered address of the parents/guarantors is overseas, the letter will be sent to the student’s address in Japan.
●Guidelines for the Graduation Ceremony:
– Kindly understand that it may be required to measure the body temperature, sanitize your hands at the entrance.
– Wearing a mask is at your own discretion, but please be considerate of those around you when conversing in a crowded area.
– Those who have fever or cold-like symptoms cannot enter the hall.
– Seating will be determined in the order of admission.
-There are no waiting room or space for accompanying people in the Tokyo International Forum.
-The ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube.
2. Faculty / Graduate School Meeting
Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus
◆Morning Session group: 12:00 noon ～
◆Afternoon Session group: 3:45 p.m.～
・Each meeting will end differently.
・For more information about the classrooms, please refer to the announcement on LOYOLA and the ceremony schedule distributed on the day.
3. Commencement Service (in Japanese)
Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Time： 2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Venue：Main Chapel, St Ignatius Church
Number of applications received: 600 (on a first-come, first-served basis)
How to register: You can register via the URL or QR code that will be given on LOYOLA.
*If the event is cancelled or changed due to infection, it will be informed on LOYOLA.
For inquiries regarding the ceremony, please contact:
Office of General Affairs
Phone: 03-3238-3172 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
∗ If you are replying by email, please write “Graduation Ceremony” in the subject line.
For inquiries about receiving Graduation Diploma, please contact:
Office of Academic Affairs（Academic Records）
Phone: 03-3238-3519 ／ contact form on our official website.
*Regarding how to receive your graduation diploma, the notice will be uploaded on LOYOLA bullatin board on March 15.