（Updated on March 14）
When we released the information in February, there was a statement “we would send an invitation letter to all parents and guarantors in mid-March”, however we will not be sending it by postal mail. Detailed information about the entrance ceremony is available on the special web site for new students entering in April 2023. We appreciate your kind attention to this matter.
01 Feb, 2023
Sophia University Entrance Ceremony April 2023 will be held as below.
If the future situation changes enough to affect the holding of the ceremony, we will notify that on the flowing web page [Important Notice] Information on COVID-19 shown in 2. below and via e-mail for new students.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
1. The Entrance Ceremony for Undergraduate Faculties, Graduate Programs and Course of Midwifery
Saturday, April 1, 2023
Tokyo International Forum Hall A ( Official Website | Tokyo International Forum Co., Ltd.)
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the entrance ceremony for undergraduate/graduate programs and Course of Midwifery will be held on the same day in two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation in the numerous measures in place to prevent infection. As the ceremony will also be livestreamed on YouTube, please consider attending online if you are worried about the risk of infection.
You will need an admission ticket in QR code format. Information on how to obtain admission QR code will be on the special web site for new students entering in April 2023.
- There will be separate admission tickets (QR code) for new students and for parents/guardians. As the reception on the day of the event will involve separate entrances for students and parents/guardians, please bring your own admission QR code when you arrive.
- The seating area will be different for students and their parents/guardians. Please note that they cannot be seated in the same area.
- The venue will be crowded just before the opening ceremony starts. We ask for your cooperation in entering the venue at least 15 minutes before the opening ceremony.
- There are no waiting room or space for accompanying people in the Tokyo International Forum.
(4) TIME SCHEDULE
There will be two sessions on the day, one in the morning and a second in the afternoon depending on the faculty or graduate Program.
<< Morning Session >>
Doors open at 08:45 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. / Close at 10:30 a.m.
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Foreign Studies
- Faculty of Liberal Arts
- Graduate School of Theology
- Graduate School of Human Sciences
- Graduate School of Law
- Graduate School of Languages and Linguistics
- Graduate School of Global Studies
- Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
- Course of Midwifery
<< Afternoon Session >>
Doors open at 11:30 a.m. / Ceremony begins at 0:15 p.m. / Close at 1:15 p.m.（to be determined）
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Global Studies
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Applied Religious Studies
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of Science and Technology
- Master’s Program in Applied Data Science
Guidelines for the Entrance Ceremony (to avoid the spread of COVID-19):
The ceremony will be live streamed on YouTube for parents and guarantors.
The URL for the YouTube will be on the special Information web site for new students entering in April 2023.
*The recording can be viewed via the same URL until April 25.
(5) Schedule after the ceremony
【Faculty Meeting】will be held on Yotsuya Campus after the ceremony.
Student IDs and other materials will be distributed, with guidance given by faculty members.
*Only new students are allowed to enter the Faculty meeting rooms.
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus
◆（Faculty）Morning Session group: 11:30 a.m. ～
◆（Faculty）Afternoon Session group: 2:15 p.m.～
* Information concerning meetings of the graduate schools and special courses will be provided on the day of the ceremony.
(6) Entrance day Thanksgiving Mass Please visit the website for new students for the information.
2. [Important Notice] Information on COVID-19
∗ This page will be updated as needed, so please check back for the latest information.
For further information regarding to the Ceremony, please contact:
Office of General Affairs
*If you are replying by email, please write “Entrance Ceremony” in the subject line.