In 2020 & 2021, Summer Session in Japanese Language has been cancelled.
For your reference, this page shows the information of the course in 2020 for student recruitment before the course cancellation.
Applicants may need a ‘short-term visitor visa’ to enter Japan, depending on their nationality. Check the homepage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan to see if it applies to you.
Students from the U.S., Canada, and most European countries do not need a visa to participate in the program. On the other hand, those who are from many Asian, African, and Middle Eastern countries will need a visa to visit Japan.
Please follow necessary procedures for the visa application.
- Check the home page of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Japan to see if it applies to you.
- If you need to obtain the visa, please check at Visa Section when you apply online.
- You will receive a Visa Information form via e-mail after we confirm your payment. Fill out the form with your information completely.*Regarding the flight information and address while staying in Japan, if you have not finalized these details, please fill in the flight you are most likely to choose and the address where you are most likely to live.
- Submit the form to us via email.
- Necessary documents for your visa application below will be sent to you by DHL. It will take about one week to be delivered.
ⅰ) Acceptance Letter to the Program
ⅱ) Reason for Invitation Letter - Shohei Riyusho (招へい理由書)
ⅲ) Letter of Guarantee - Mimoto Hoshosho (身元保証書)
ⅳ) Certificate of Employment of the President of Sophia University - Gakucho no Zaishoku Shoumeisho (学長の在職証明書)
ⅴ) Schedule of stay in Japan - Taizai Yoteihyo (滞在予定表)
ⅵ) Sophia University brochure
- Apply for the visa
Obtain the visa at your local Japanese Embassy/Consulate General with the supporting documents for visa application from us.
Contact your local Japanese Embassy or Consulate and check if any additional items are needed for your application since requirement varies depending on the state or country of your residency.
*There may be circumstances in which we refuse to provide you with the documents.
*If DHL is not available to your country, we will send it to you by regular postal mail.
*Once we sent the package to you, the postage for the second shipment(appx. 2000 yen) will be borne by you even if you don’t receive it for any reason.